Friday, September 18

#5FandomFriday: 5 Favorite Things About Autumn



5 Fandom Friday is a weekly prompt challenge hosted by The Nerdy Girlie and Super Space Chick. In honor of Autumn beginning next week on September 23rd, today's topic is 5 Favorite Things About Autumn... the hard part, of course, is choosing just 5. Fall is my favorite season! You can see the upcoming prompts here at the Female Geek Bloggers community.



1. Halloween - My favorite holiday since childhood! As a lifelong fantasy and sci-fi reader, I can't resist a holiday that's all about magic, imagination, and disguise. This year I'm going to be Peggy Carter if I can get Mr. Q to be Captain America, OR wear one of the two witch costumes I bought when I had a Halloween panic attack last October. I always teach some Edgar Allan Poe short stories and poems right around Halloween, which is fun for me and my students. I'm also planning on watching the Halloween episodes of my favorite old TV shows (Roseanne, Home Improvement, and Boy Meets World always had the best ones!) and my favorite movie, Hocus Pocus, every time it comes on ABC Family and a few more times on Blu-Ray. Light the black flame candle!



2. Fall festivals - Virginia is so beautiful in the fall, and I love going to as many outdoor festivals as possible before it gets too cold to be outside for more than five minutes. In September, we have the Apple Festival and the Smith Mountain Lake Wine Festival, and in October there are fall festivals at pretty much every pumpkin patch in town. I love the live music, especially bluegrass, the pretty fall decorations, and the festival food!



3. Thanksgiving - Mr. Q and I have claimed Thanksgiving as our family holiday - everyone  who's in town is welcome to come to our house for dinner. 



4. Fall food - Bring on apple cider and desserts and pumpkin flavored everything! My BFF Breeze and I started a soup swap last year - each week, we make something in the crock pot on the weekend, put half in a container, and Mr. Q makes the switch at work on Monday so both families have yummy dinners for the whole week.



5. Fall fashion - Sweaters! Pants! Tights! Jackets! Scarves! Layers! Boots! YES PLEASE!

What are you looking forward to this fall?


No comments:

Post a Comment