Friday, September 5

September Favorite Things

Even though the official Favorite Things link-up appears to be on hiatus, I enjoy rounding up the things that make my life a little happier each month.  This month, I decided to mix things up a little bit and give my collection a theme.  These are the favorite things I wouldn't make it through a day of teaching middle school without!

September Favorites - School Themed

1. Extra Large Land's End Zip Top Tote - Both LL Bean and Land's End make really high quality tote bags, but personally I prefer Land's End because of the better color and size selection and zip top. I love this bag because it's big enough for my laptop, any papers I need to take home to grade, textbooks, binders, and more.  I can carry 60  student journals home comfortably on Fridays in this bag!

2. Insulated tumbler - I don't have a fancy Vera Bradley one; mine is monogrammed, though!  I have cut down on my coffee intake and am trying to drink more water.

3. Luna bars - The perfect planning-period snacks to help me push through until lunch when I really want to take a nap.

4. Blue Sky day planner - Wal-Mart carries these each fall in a few different sizes and patterns.  I love them because they have a monthly calendar tab followed by a spread for each week with lots of space to write notes in.  I really liked the polka dots!

5. Red Stamp desktop/phone calendar -  I have this apple pattern on my cell phone and my work laptop and the apple design cheers me up.

6. Sticky notes - My class kind of runs on sticky notes.  I use the regular size for a lot of different brainstorming activities in class, the miniature ones for lesson planning, and the flags for marking where each class leaves off in what we're reading.

7. Binder clips - I go through a pack of binder clips pretty much every month!  They help me stay organized and I can color code by class period.

8. The best pens in the world - My three personal favorites are Zebra Z-Grip, and Paper Mate's Liquid Flair and Flair.

What are you loving this month?


Linking Up:


The Grits Blog - Little Friday Linkup Style Elixir



2 comments:

  1. I think I've gotten to the point where I'm a bit over Luna bar. For the first three months or so of my pregnancy I ate them every single day. I guess I still enjoy them though, I just can't quite bring myself to buy them anymore. Although I'm sure eventually I'll be ready to go back to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I hope I don't over-Luna because they are a great blood sugar booster for me. I wish they'd introduce some new flavors, or maybe some seasonal ones like Clif offers.

      Delete