Tuesday, May 13

Good Morning, Sunshine! Lemon Wardrobe, Decor & What I Smell Like...

Everything's coming up lemons this spring - the fruit itself and its sunny color are everywhere, from fashion to home decor.  No wonder - research about the color yellow suggests that it can really change people's thought and mood patterns.

Stylists cite yellow as an inviting color and studies have found that people feel happier and more open around this sunshiny shade - that makes it the perfect choice for many occasions, from an interview to brunch with your best girlfriend.  Interior designers and home decor color consultants recommend yellow to stimulate conversation, warmth, and connection and claim that saturated yellow can even help improve focus, which makes it a great wall color for foyers and living rooms and a good accent color for offices and classrooms.

Color therapists believe that looking at yellow can help ease some cases of depression.  Adding a little sunkissed yellow to your wardrobe or space is a great way to ensure a happy start to your day!  


Good Morning, Sunshine!

View this set on Polyvore

1. Levi's sleeveless blouse  2. Kate Spade lemon wedge earrings  
3. J. Crew cotton lace dress  4. Vanzetti scarf from Zalando  5. Target soy candle
6. Xhiliration geometric wristlet from Target  7. Burt's Bee's cuticle cream from Target  
8. Kate Spade skirt  9. Rifle Paper Co. phone case from Walk in Love  
10. Pier1 microwaveable mug  11. Keds for Kate Spade sneakers


Those Kate Spade earrings are totally getting added to my birthday wish list.  Can I also come up with a reason to need the Keds sneakers?  They are quite possibly the cutest sneakers in world.



My personal favorite way to add a little lemon to my life is with my absolute favorite perfume for spring and summer - and the simplest scent I own.  A Bath and Body Works salesgirl sold me on C.O. Bigelow's Lemon Eau de Parfum years ago by telling me that in aromatherapy, lemon is linked to happiness and confidence.  Well, who doesn't need a little more happy?  The scent is crisp and a little bit sweet, and I get "you smell good!" complements every time I wear it.


Linking Up With:
Style Sessions at Style Elixir
Casual Friday at Two Thirty-Five Designs



Disclaimer:  I was not compensated for this post in any way, I just love all of the products and ideas featured!

1 comment: