Tuesday, February 18

Carnival Style: Sochi Inspired

How would y'all feel if the rest of this week was all fashion all the time here on Beyond the Aisle?  I started playing around with Polyvore during my little snowcation while watching the Olympics and I couldn't stop.  Here's the first of my Sochi Inspired style boards, sparked by one of my favorite parts of the opening ceremonies: the inflatable-dome tribute to St. Basil's cathedral and Russian street festivals.  Adding carnival colors and whimsical patterns to my wardrobe puts me in a festive mood and makes me feel more confident that spring is on the way!

Disclaimer:  ModCloth links include an affiliate code.

Carnival Style: Sochi Inspired


View on Polyvore

1. Old Navy crewneck sweater  2. ModCloth polka dot cardigan
3. Jonathan Adler honeycomb umbrella  4. Jonathan Adler zip wallet
5. Old Navy cap toe ballet flats  6. Old Navy striped 3/4 sleeve tee  
7. Old Navy colorblock sweater  8. ModCloth chevron dress

Opening Ceremony image from The New Yorker

And in case you haven't experienced it yet, here's your new favorite song:





2 comments:

  1. Hi! I found your link-up over at the Style Sessions party. I LOVE Polyvore too! Love the colors you used in your set! What a great combination! I've also been watching the Olympics, off and on.
    Ann @ Cairn Cottage
    http://cairncottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann! Are you planning on watching the Closing Ceremonies tonight?

      Delete