Wednesday, January 15

Beauty: My Favorite 2014 Golden Globes Hair and Makeup

Yesterday I shared my favorite gowns (and two tuxes) from Sunday's Golden Globes. Today, I wanted to feature the ladies whom I think had the best hair and makeup of the night.

Just Jared (1,2)

Machete Kills' Amber Heard is my pick for the best hair and makeup of the night.  She looked flawless with sultry, dramatic Hourglass Cosmetics makeup in a neutral palette with bronze shimmer on her eyes and lips and a tousled updo with a lot of volume.  Her earrings are really interesting, too.

 

Two braided hairstyles made waves on the red capet.  Sarah Hyland from Modern Family told E! interviewers her braided crown was inspired by the Valentino runway, and I thought her bold eyebrows and soft Dior makeup looked great.  


Amy Adams' hairstyle featured two braids on each side of her part pulled into a bun at the crown of her head.  It looked perfect with her very American Hustle gown.


Julia Roberts' Dolce and Gabbana outfit confused me (I'm still not sure if I love it or hate it), but I thought her sleek updo looked perfect, especially the side-swept bangs - it's a classic, can't-fail style for the red carpet.  Parenthood's Monica Potter's side-swept hairstyle and fresh, natural makeup looked great with her gold dress and chandelier earrings.


Giuliana Rancic's bob haistyle proved that it is totally red carpet appropriate.  She looked fantastic in fuchsia and accessorized with a red miniaudiere clutch.


Sofia Vergara wasn't the only star who paired black with Tiffany Blue - Emma Roberts had the same idea!  I love Emma's statement earrings (is it a good or bad thing that they remind me of a J. Crew bubble necklace?), smoky eye, and nude lip.  Her sleek ponytail hairstyle worked really well with all of that drama!  I wrote about how much I loved Sofia's overall look yesterday, and today I'm just going to add that her haircolor looks fantastic.


Romantic looks really ruled at this year's Globes - Kerry Washington rocked a shimmery platinum smoky eye with beautiful long lashes, bronzed cheeks and caramel lips paired with soft waves.  Tina Fey's opening monologue look featured flushed cheeks, deep rose lipstick and more waves!


Emilia Clarke's look was such a departure from her Game of Thrones character that I barely recognized her at first.  She wore her hair in beachy waves and wore soft Chanel makeup in shades of brown and peach, along with a bold manicure (Sally Hansen's Wine Not).

1 comment:

  1. These really are SO PRETTY!!! I wish I had excuses to get all dolled up like this!

    ReplyDelete