Sunday, April 14

sunday social: all about Twitter...

Sunday Social

1. When did you join Twitter?

January 2011, so that I could enter blog contests while wedding planning... it has taken me a while to figure out how to really make Twitter work for me though.  Originally, all of my tweets were about weddings and wedding planning.  Post-wedding, after realizing that I was probably NOT going to become a professional wedding planner, my tweets were a crazy mishmash of real life stuff, teaching stuff, and entertainment stuff, and so were the people I followed.  Last semester I took a class called Social Media for Educators and learned about TweetDeck - life changing, I tell ya.  I created a new Twitter for education stuff so now my personal/blogger and education/work lives are separate.

2. Who is your favorite non-celeb to follow?

@RawDoreen is a raw foods life coach whose tweets are always really inspiring and upbeat.

3. Who is your favorite celeb to follow?

Mindy Kaling - her tweets are hilarious!

4. Have you ever had a celeb respond to a tweet?

Rainn Wilson (best known as Dwight from "The Office" responded when I commented on how much Il oved his O Network show "Soul Pancake."  The mother of YA literature, S.E. Hinton, and I had a pretty boring conversation about carry-on luggage.  YA fantasy author Maggie Stiefvater replied when I said I wanted to finish writing my own story about a psychic teen before reading The Raven Boys - she told me not to worry.  I've been retweeted by Scholastic on my teacher account.  That's about it!

5. What is your favorite store/brand to follow?

The Honest Company - they don't just self-promote but link to articles and ideas that support their philosophy of creating 100% natural, eco-friendly products that are high quality.

6. Give us three tweeps we should be following.

1. Kristen Howerton from Rage Against the Minivan
2. Author Maureen Johnson
3. Actress and women's rights activist Martha Plimpton

Come follow me on Twitter, and if you leave your username in a comment I'll be happy to follow you back!

2 comments:

  1. Visiting from Sunday Social...kinda fun to see the different people others follow!

    ReplyDelete