Wednesday, February 6

wedding trend: lace sleeves

We can probably thank Kate Middleton for the increased popularity of dresses with vintage-inspired lace sleeves.  Dresses with sleeves were basically nonexistent when I was wedding planning, but now they can be spotted in classically elegant celebrations.  I think lace sleeves give a dress a timeless glamour that is hard to beat!


Delphine Manivet || Reem Acra via Style.com

Lace dresses with sleeves aren't just for traditional weddings - they can fit right in at a bohemian wedding or at an art deco inspired celebration.





I love the off-the-shoulder style of Erin's Liliana Dabic gown above!


The brides in these pictures have such a great retro look!  They reminded me of Grace Kelly's style for her 1956 wedding to Prince Rainier III of Monaco...


Grace's long lace-sleeved gown was a gift from MGM Studios - an Old Hollywood detail that I love.


For brides who don't want to wear sleeves for the duration of their wedding day, a lace bolero or jacket like the one above is perfect for the wedding ceremony.


Note:  If you'd like to add any images from this post to your Pinterest boards, PLEASE click on the link below the image and pin from the source so that the creator gets credit!

2 comments:

  1. I love off the shoulder lace sleeves, I didn't find one to try on though. But I agree since Catherine Middleton's dress, I now see them all the time, especially on WB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They still aren't quite as easy to find in real life as the wedding blog world makes it seem - I went dress shopping with my best friend this weekend and the majority of the dresses were still either strapless or spaghetti strap.

      Delete