Sunday, January 6

sunday social.

Sunday Social

1. Do you plan to change any of your eating habits in the new year?
Yes!  I have decided to combine the low glycemic index diet my new doctor has put me on with calorie counting for a while.  Simply going low-GI has not been working to help me take off extra weight.  I have been using the Fooducate app on my phone to help me count calories and find healthier options for some items - the P.E. teacher I eat lunch with on Thursdays recommended it to me!

2. Any workout tips to get us back in shape after the Holidays?
Working out won't become a habit until you make it enjoyable, whether that means your routine includes Just Dance and Michael Jackson experience on the Wii (my favorite!), you join a class with a friend (one of my plans for 2013!) or you watch Pitch Perfect while riding the stationary bike.

3. Favorite thing you did over the Holidays?
I always love visiting my aunt and uncle on Christmas day with my mom and Mr. Q.  We drive through National Forest land to get there and it's such a beautiful, pastoral drive that always makes my heart feel peaceful.  On the drive back, there's a great view of the lights of Roanoke from the top of a mountain as we turn a corner.  And in between, I get to hear great stories from my favorite uncle and his wife.

4. What is something you hope that you accomplish in 2013 that you did not in 2012?
To finish a piece of creative writing - even if it's just a short story.


Inspiration for Breeze's wedding from Style Me Pretty

5. Name 3 things happening this year you are excited about and why?
- Seeing Miranda Lambert in concert for the first time in January - she is my country-girl idol.
- J's baby will be arriving in February!
- My best friend Breeze is getting married!!!

Are you making any changes to your eating and fitness habits for 2013?  What are you looking forward to this year?

4 comments:

  1. Great post! I agree with you in that exercise time flies by when your distracted by a great movie! I am over from the bloghop, I am your newest follower! If youget a chance stop and follow me back:) Have a great day!

    ~chelsee@Southern Beauty Guide southernbeautyguide.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by Chelsee! I am trying to convince my hubby that we need to put a TV in the guest room where the stationary bike is but for right now the iPad gets the job done. Thanks for following!

      Delete
  2. I struggled to eat well for the whole of December which I know is expected but this ran into January - whoops! I'm eating better now and lost a couple of pounds. Just need to get back into exercise now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The holidays are such a trap when it comes to eating well! I hate to feel like I am depriving myself of yummy things. I am trying to get back into exercise as well - I am probably going to be joining a local yoga class.

      Delete