Monday, January 7

clicks of note: so this is the new year

get your week off to a colorful start...

I know I've said it already, but since this is the first link roundup of the New Year, happy 2013, y'all!  Did you make any resolutions?  My biggest one is to get back into creative writing.  Mr. Q's is to eat more salads :)  I also hope to exercise more (don't we all?), find a church to attend on a regular basis, and start a retirement plan.  I'm also going to continue my pursuit of being a more compassionate, less self-centered person.

I drank my coffee on New Year's Day from a friend's mug that said Expect Great Things - how great of a motto for 2013 is that?  Besides the Kohl's slogan, I've found two quotes expanding on this idea.  Michael Jordan said, "You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them."  English Baptist Missionary William Carey said, "Expect great things from God, attempt great things for God."  Two inspiring twists on the same concept.

LISTEN.
  • The drive to Northern Virginia for New Year's Eve consisted of a lot of radio-station-switching and I think we heard Of Monsters and Men's "Little Talks" in four different cities.
SWOON.
SMILE.
BE INSPIRED.
"He was beginning to rebuild my ancient ruins, allowing me to walk through the temples I had built up before Him–He was letting me have them and find no comfort there."

No comments:

Post a Comment