Thursday, March 29

march blog love

Last month, Literally Inspired asked bloggers to share our "blog romances."  Since my post last month got so much positive feedback (I love comments like they are made of chocolate and sunshine), I decided to compile a list for March.  Here are the blogs that are currently rocking my Internet world.
- I recently discovered Bright Bazaar, and already, I am so inspired.  The author, Will, lives in the UK and is in love with color, as the name of his blog suggests.  Each post is like a page in a magazine or a scrapbook; I love the way he seamlessly incorporates photos and text to make every post coherent and immediately recognizable as a Bright Bazaar post.  Regular features include home tours, DIYs (like this colorful door mat that I plan on making this summer), "Tablescape 101," "Sunday's Bright Links," a weekly round-up of Will's posts on his own blog and around the web, and "10 Things I Learned and Loved This Weekend."  Now that it's spring, our townhouse needs more color and this blog is full of inspiration.


- Every fall, the teaching communities I'm a member of online blow up with posts from students teachers and first year teachers asking the all-important question, "WHAT DO I WEAR?"  In the quest to be conservative while still being stylish, I rely on Old Navy, LOFT, and style bloggers.  My new favorite fashion blog is written by a teacher - it's called Between the Lines.  I like Whitney's new feature, Women Who Work, which will feature different takes on dress code appropriate style.


- I make a lot of recipes from Skinny Taste and my Pinterest cooking boards are full of photos from Gina's blog.  Skinny Taste is all about healthier takes on fattening foods like chicken parmesan.  I think these coconut cupcakes look amazing.


- Australia seems like a magical fantasy wonderland of a world to me, so I love reading the posts at A Beach Cottage.  Sarah is a Brit turned Aussie mom who works hard to make her family's cottage a dream home by the sea.  I love her decorating style!  She also gives great advice for "real girl" bloggers and has a fun "Saturday Club" feature.

Remember when I featured Dear Lillie as one of my blog-mances last month?  Since then, Jennifer was featured on the Nate Berkus show!  How amazing is that?  I was inspired to do a little branch-gathering walk to update our home for spring after watching the segment, and loved seeing how Jennifer creates the gorgeous pillows she uses to decorate her home and sells in her shop.  I don't think I would be able to keep my composure around Nate, but Jennifer is just as calm and collected on television as she seems on her blog.

My other blog-mances last month were Bleubird, A Beautiful Mess, The Pioneer Woman, Centsational Girl, Dear Lillie, and Tiny Twig.

What blogs are you in love with right now?  Let me know in the comments!  Care to offer me some guidance on this one?  I'm still flailing for help in this post.  As for my blog-mances, do you like them piled into one post, or would it be better to feature one favorite blog every week or two?

3 comments:

  1. I love Bright Bazaar... and I cooked my alternative thanksgiving meal using the Pioneer Woman's recipes which my husband said I must make every year.. :) Great blog - mances

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Hena! I accidentally hit publish before the post was done - it's updated now with a few more blogs!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the shout out! :) I love SkinnyTaste, too--and I'm always on the lookout for more healthy eating blogs.
    Thanks for sharing!
    W

    ReplyDelete