Saturday, December 24

Merry Christmas from the Country Townhouse!

I am really pleased with the way our tree turned out!

We purchased two new types of ornaments this year.  Early in my quest for a red, silver, and burlap rustic Christmas look, I learned that Mr. Spin does not like the combination of shiny + red.  He was, however, digging the matte red ornaments.  Most matte ornaments are sold in combination with shiny ornaments, but we found a pack at Michael's for $8 that was all matte and Mr. Spin added it to our cart with no question!

Over the spring and summer, while wedding planning, my obsession was milk glass.  Now, with the holidays approaching, my attention has turned to mercury glass.  I found these adorable Smith and Hawken acorns at Target!


Love this engraved glass ornament, a wedding gift from my best friend at work:

Here's my new favorite ornament of them all:
It doesn't hurt that it came attached to some delicious homemade candy.  If every one of this kid's teachers got the same ornament, I don't need to know.

Ornaments that wouldn't fit on the tree got their own special place with some scented pinecones.  The mercury glass candleholders are from Michael's - I will only use LED candles in them because I don't want them to get messed up!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Linking to Holiday Link Party at Momnivore's Dilemma.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment