Friday, April 22

Dress News

I love my dress shop, but my consultant's many talents do not include leaving good phone messages. While I was at a reading conference, she left a rambling message on my voicemail asking if I had any other bridesmaids I hadn't told her about- I guess some bridezilla didn't tell the shop about an extra girl once and raised hell when they didn't order her a dress? This Wednesday, she left a voicemail that just said, "This is -- from --, please give us a call."

I immediately thought, "Oooh, maybe my dress is in!" but when I told my mom, she pointed out that if that was the case the message could've just said, "This is -- from --, your dress is in!" So my mind went to worst-case-scenario place, in which my consultant was calling to tell me that the dress factory had burned down or something. When I called back, she couldn't remember why she'd called me. Girlfriend sounded stressed out to the max. "Let me look at your card... Heather... we ordered your bridesmaids' dresses... you know your dress is here, right?" No, no I do not. "Oh! Well, if you'd like to come try it on, come on over, and we'll make an appointment for your alterations- but don't come tomorrow because we have four brides coming in and it's going to be ridiculous."

My mom and I made plans to go on Saturday for a try-on. I don't actually have my shoes yet, but plan on purchasing a pair while we're there (remind me to post about my EPIC SHOE FAIL) and we're going to bring a tape measure because we don't actually remember what the back of the dress looks like, and need to know where it hits so I can find undergarments and a veil that doesn't hide the details!

No comments:

Post a Comment